Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chocolate Eclair

It's too hot here to eat anything sweet other than watermelon.
That being said I don't know why I have had sweets on my mind.
Only one place in town, a patisserie, makes a eclair that is truly amazing.
I am glad it is across town so I can't walk to it otherwise I think I would put back on the 75 pounds I lost this year. At least this version is calorie free.



 What you need:
Worsted weight acrylic yarn
Tan, white, and brown
Size F (3.75 mm) hook
Polyester fiber fill
Yarn needle
Clip to keep place
Scissors


 Eclair:
Work in continuous rounds
Tan

  • Chain 2
  • Round 1: Work 6 sc in first chain
  • Round 2: Work 2 sc in each sc around - 12 st
  • Round 3: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st, rep from * around - 18 st
  • Round 4: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 2 sts, rep from * around - 24 st
  • Round 5-25: sc in each sc around -24 st
  • Round 26:*Sc2tog, sc in each of next 2 sts, rep from * around - 18 st
  • Round 27: *Sc2tog, sc in each of next 1 sts, rep from * around - 12 st
  • Stuff firmly
  • Round 28: sc2tog around - 6 st
  • Sew up end and weave in ends

 Chocolate:

Very simple, I crocheted a strip 18 stitches wide and 7 rows long.
I worked in back loops only to create a textured look.


 Assembly:

With white yarn surface crochet around the center of the eclair. Place chocolate on top center and stitch in place. Weave in all ends.


 This would be a perfect accent to a child's tea set.

Chocolate Eclair on Ravelry

Do not distribute or publish this pattern in any other form.
If you like this pattern and would like to share please link to this blog.
Thank you.